It is often said that windows are natural magnets. People are drawn to them, especially when there is a view. But what if you have a challenge with furniture placement? Is it OK to place furniture in front of a prominent wall of windows? Will it obstruct or detract from a coveted view? The answer is: not if done purposefully. Here are some tips to capture the best view and execute a winning floor plan.
1.Choose furniture that is lower, as opposed to pieces with a high back.
2. Select furniture that is lighter in color, as it will be less distracting.
3. Use elements that will add visual height such as tall drapery or a vertical mirror.
4. Create a seating area that uses the view and windows as a visual envelope.
5. Incorporate additional glass elements such as tables to help extend the aspect of transparency.
6. Go minimal. Don’t overcrowd a window area with elements that make the space feel stuffed.
7. Use modular